Well, I think we've done it. We've found some sense of a routine and have settled into a nice little groove. Ethan is still a fantastic sleeper. I lost the 2 naps a day battle but the kid sleeps from 7:30/8:00pm until 8:00am. He then takes a 1.5 hour to 2 hour nap after lunch. Eleanor is quickly taking after her brother. Though she isn't sleeping through the night yet, she is sleeping on a more consistent basis. She is now sleeping at least 6 hours straight in the evening. Not too shabby!
We certainly miss our family however we have a wonderful support network right in our own neighborhood. There is always someone outside for Ethan to play with (and for this momma to have an adult conversation with). I look forward to the established "Tipsy Tuesday" - a weekly meeting for some playtime for the kids and an adult beverage for us moms (again, the opportunity to speak to an adult).
I've gotten back into running and have linked up with Stroller Warriors Camp Pendleton. It's a free running club, started in the Camp Pendleton area by none other than the fabulous Mia Mashburn! It's another great opportunity for support. You run at your own pace for 40 minutes and then have playtime after the run. While I haven't made it 40 minutes of non-stop running yet, I am excited to get back into it. I will say it is much harder now - pushing a double jogging-stroller is making it a bit more difficult! Ethan has been a big helper with getting mommy back into shape. Whenever I lay on the ground to do some abdominal work, he runs over to sit on my stomach! He thinks it's fun...I have other words for it! However, the best part is that after I'm done I get tons of hugs and kisses! It's one of our "things."
Other than running with Stroller Warriors and trips to Target and the grocery store, we haven't done much adventuring out of the neighborhood. At this point, what do I really need to be doing? We have several play grounds to choose from and our best buds live on our street or just around the corner. I'm sure we'll start doing more things but for now I'm just happy that we make it outside more than once in a day. We did enjoy a fun pizza party night with our buddies - Liam, Troy, Jack, Bobby, Jackson and Raylen. Eleanor was severely out-numbered! I have a feeling that she will grow up to be one tough cookie!
Having a moment to finally sit down and think about it, Jon is the only dad currently deployed on our street - which living in a community of all military families, that is pretty rare. There is one other husband deployed (actually with Jon) but no kids, yet. The reason I'm thinking about this is because I can only imagine what all the families are thinking when they see us three Landers roll out. All I can imagine is: "There's that crazy Landers family. You'd think that Jen would be able to handle her kids better." 99% of the time Ethan is a ball of fun. He LOVES to run to the playgrounds (complete with sound effects). However, just like any toddler, he has his moments. And man, are those moments embarrassing. I know most kids go through this but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. It's hard not to feel like you're doing everything wrong!
One of the cutest things this month is that Ethan has learned to put his finger to his mouth and say "shhhh." It doesn't actually quiet him down but it's the signal that Eleanor is sleeping. If I whisper to him, he'll whisper back. It really is super sweet! He's "talking" up a storm...he tells the best stories! He really thinks he is talking to me! While he doesn't have too many words, I know that he understands what I'm saying to him. Now, if only he would listen all of the time!!
Eleanor loves to smile after eating. She is Miss Chatter Box so long as she is full! I am sure that Ethan and she will have loads to talk about as they grow up!
 |
| Look Grandma & Grandpa Landers....I'm playing with my car! I'm just a bit bigger than the last time we were playing in it! |
 |
| Ethan loves holding Eleanor...even with a smashed face! |
 |
| Parent of the year (again). Ethan is standing on the laundry basket |
 |
| Our first trip to Mass on our own. It was a success! |
 |
| Loving swing time! |
 |
| I just cannot get enough of this picture! |
 |
| Ethan volunteered to make dinner! |
 |
| Heaven! |
 |
| Daddy reading "Chesty goes to boot camp" to Ethan and Eleanor. Ethan LOVED it! How cool is it to see Daddy on the big screen? |
 |
| Our brainiac child...has moved on from "Bubbles, Bubbles" to "Killer Angels" (more like he ripped some pages) |
 |
| Finally figured out how to get his big clunker feet into this slide so that he can go down it! |
 |
| Some fun time with our buddy, Elsbeth! |
 |
| This makes me laugh because how many people take something to read in the bathroom? Just slightly different - Ethan has already "gone" and needs a change. Has to occupy himself somehow, right? |
 |
| Ethan absolutely loves Eleanor. Kisses her all day long - whenever he gets a chance. |
 |
| Out of the mouths of babes - "awwww" |
 |
| Still has a hard time being gentle all the time. He does his best but sometimes her leg just gets in the way! |
 |
| Words of wisdom from Ethan! |
 |
| Stroller Warriors gettin' our costume on! |
 |
| Using his spidey-senses to maneuver around the playground - making it nearly impossible to get a good picture of my little guy! |
 |
| Ethan scoping out the goodies! |
 |
| He totally jacked Mommy's cupcake cone! |
 |
| Dude and a Navy cheerleader! |
 |
| "Oh, I hope the Irish do well!" Pre-game picture for the ND/Oklahoma game! |
 |
| Ethan's attempt at doing push-ups with Mommy! |
 |
| Still not the best yogurt eater |
 |
| Our new favorite Wheel of Fortune watching position |
 |
| Baby girl's new bow. Look at those cheeks!! |
 |
| Enjoying the mini-truck at the Naval Hospital! |
 |
| More play time fun with our buddy, Elsbeth! |
 |
| Just chillin' in my super cute dress and tights! |
 |
| After dinner ritual...Ethan reads while Mommy cleans the dishes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment