Holy cow.....it's July 3rd already! Seems like just yesterday I was
traveling wrestling with Ethan on the plane coming back from our trip to the east coast. Almost an entire month has past in the blink of an eye.
I'll save you the long details of the month and let the pictures do most of the talking!
Just a few quick updates that aren't captured in the below pictures:
- Ethan now blows kisses and gives hugs (finally becoming a little snuggler)
- He points out EVERY dog and truck, even at just the sound of them
- Ethan gets all excited whenever he sees a picture of daddy (still working on mommy)
- It is his mission in life to ensure that any stone laying around the group of mailboxes is properly thrown away in the garbage can. No joke - we spent 10 minutes one day picking up rocks and throwing them away.
- Ethan makes sure that daddy doesn't get in trouble by picking up his laundry and putting it in the hamper.
- We finally transferred from the carseat to the crib without waking up - and it was only for nap time!!

Before I get into the onslaught of Ethan pictures, just a quick update on Baby2. We are in the home stretch...9 more weeks to go. YIKES!!! This pregnancy has flown by....can hardly believe it! All is well - more heartburn and more visits to the bathroom in the middle of the night than with Li'l Man. Other than that, life is easy-peasy! Just a couple pics from our 20-week ultrasound (a little late, I know). Love how Baby2 is praying and who can resist a little baby tush, even inutero?!

Some friends in the Cali area threw a suprise baby-shower dinner for me and another wife who is expecting. We ate dinner at Cafe Mimosa - which was delicious - and then went for coffee at Starbucks. I know, sounds a little lame to get coffee at Starbucks (well, I had a smoothie), but even at 9:30 at night the local restaurants were still running a 2 hour wait. SERIOUSLY!! 2 hours...no thanks! It was so sweet to be remembered by so many awesome women whom I had just met. It was so much fun just hanging with the ladies! The pics don't do justice to the night- the camera didn't come out until most of the other women had left.
It's been quite the month for Ethan
 |
| One of my new favorite hobbies - checking out what's cookin' in the oven. "It's hot" |
 |
| I still LOVE eating all my vegetables. I'm even working on stabbing them with the fork all by myself! |
 |
| Mom - the yogurt covered raisins are "all done." Just lettin' you know in case you wanted to get me some more. |
Ethan is having a great time with Danielle. She took him to the 1/4 Welcome Home parade in downtown San Clemente. He also set up a suprise birthday dinner for Danielle at Pizza Port. Unfortunately mommy forgot to take pictures - but I think it's because she was more into eating the delicious pizza and ice cream cake!!
 |
| Checkin' out the parade with his buddies, Liam & Troy |
 |
| Ethan doing his best impression of his shirt! |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Miss Danielle! |
 |
| A surprise visitor at the Landers household - thankfully Danielle was outside and not mommy (or daddy)! |
Ethan and his many looks - all done on his own!
 |
| Stealing a phrase from our good buddies - Ethan, the noble knight! |
 |
| Ethan's bowler hat look |
 |
| Safety first - no playing with dump trucks unless you have your hat on! |
 |
| Mommy finally gave me a bigger "hat" - she needed her small bowl back |
 |
| No outfit is complete without shoes! |
 |
| The correct foot and all! I'm so proud! Shoes on = we're going outside!! Highlight of any little boy's day! |
Mommy & Daddy being not-so-great parents
 |
| Wheeeeee!! |
 |
| Look ma - no hands! |
Allowing Ethan to learn his boundaries. Though daddy was right there, Ethan did this completely on his own. I mean, really, at what age do you let your kid play at the park on their own? Do you ever stop worrying?
Ethan's still waiting for his first lacrosse game. I'm telling you, this kid is GREAT!
 |
| I mean, c'mon...he's already got the lax pose down! |
 |
| He's obviously got great forearm muscles! The one-handed point...essential for any lax player! |
 |
| He's really practicing his cradling technique. Has some work to do, but he's picking it up quickly! |
 |
| Attempting to master the one-handed scoop. NBD! |
 |
| Daddy - seriously. Just toss me the ball already. I got this! |
Grandma & Grandpa Landers came to visit. It was a great time had by all! Unfortunately both Jon and I had to work, however I think the grandparents were happy to spend as much time as possible with Ethan. They had a great time exploring the San Clemente, Laguna Beach, Dana Point and San Diego areas. I'm sure Grandma & Grandpa are glad to be back to their routine...chasing around an almost 15 month old is exhausting!!
 |
| The Landers' men |
 |
| For those of you who ask who Ethan looks like - let me introduce you to Grandpa Landers and his mini-me! |
 |
| Having some fun on the big slide |
 |
| Ahahahaha....when's the last time you've fallen off the end of a slide?!?! |
 |
| Grandma learned by watching Grandpa and was able to prepare herself to stop! |
 |
| Ethan picked up an affinity for Grandma's purse |
 |
| Most of us thought it was super cute that Ethan was toting around his "man purse." |
 |
| Daddy however did not like it, and told Ethan that purses are for girls... |
 |
| ....and Ethan immediately threw the purse down. Our child is ALL boy! |
 |
| Enjoying the 3/5 family day before Grandma & Grandpa had to go back home. |
Speaking of family day - just a few pictures of the event hosted by Mariners Church. Let me tell you - this place was amazing and the members so caring and supportive. I've heard from other wives that the church really takes care of the 3/5 family. With the love and support of a community like this, I am certain that this coming deployment will be okay!
 |
| Absolutely amazing! All of this for the Darkhorse family. We are truly blessed! |
 |
| Ethan quickly began helping out - he was in charge of making sure the water bottles were shoved far down into the ice water. He had a blast! Loved the cold water on his arms and was able to enjoy a couple of pieces of ice every now and then. |
 |
| Guess what, y'all - I'm not only a laxer, but you should check out my football skills!! |
 |
| Hitchin' a ride with daddy, just for a minute. I swear this kid walked two miles over the course of the day! |
 |
| Oh look...there's a picture of mommy! That's for sure getting posted!! |
 |
| Miss Mia and Ethan workin' out their dance moves! |
 |
| Weapons Co. dominating the football competition. |
 |
| Touchdown!!! |
 |
| How many Marines does it take to "tackle" a Weapons Co platoon commander?!?! |
 |
| Daddy's a member of the hands team!! |
 |
| The victors!! Bragging rights for the year! |
 |
| Family photo op! |
So glad you have some great friends around you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Katie. We definitely lucked out in having so many wonderful people around us!
DeleteHe's adorable. This is such a fun age!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah! We think he's a ton of fun! Hope your new little one is doing well, and that your oldest is adapting to his new role!!
Delete