Height: 33 inches (3 inches taller than at 12 months) - 95th percentile
Weight: 26 lbs, 6 oz (zero change in weight from 12 months) - 75th percentile.
Head: 50 cm - 99th percentile = off the charts
Ethan also received a few shots at his appointment and man, did he take it like a champ!! There were no tears! He barely flinched during the first 2 shots and on the 3rd shot he yelled out. I'd like to think he said "Mom, I love you very much" when in reality he was probably saying "What the h3ll do you all think you are doing?!?!" It was one of those moments where if the kid understood bribery and reward, I would've taken him for some ice cream. Instead, we went home and took a nap. That's a big reward in my book!!
Checking in on Baby2 - 35 weeks and counting. All is well. Had an ultrasound done at 32 weeks - the pictures get less and less exciting as the baby grows. The best part is still getting to listen to and look at the heart beat!
![]() |
| Profile Shot |
![]() |
| A look up at the nose and mouth - the ultrasound tech loved this angle |
![]() |
| Baby2 saying prayers! |
Ethan and I have been keeping busy the last two weeks.
We've been enjoying the gorgeous weather out here!
![]() |
| Just a typical day in San Clemente! |
We've made a few trips to Target. Mommy can't ever bypass the $1.00 aisle at Target....Ethan lucks out every time! What kid doesn't love new bath toys or sand shovels?
We've gone to the beach and swam in the pool. Ethan loves jumping off the side, well more like walking off the side. He doesn't have any issue with being dunked and he is even trying to blow bubbles. It winds up being him putting his face near the water and making the "blowing bubbles in water" sound but I'll take it...it's a start! Just yesterday he figured out he could stand on the steps in the pool and dance. He had the lifeguard and a few of the other kids laughing! While the outside temperature is around 80 with a cool breeze, the pool is like bath water. It would certainly not be refreshing if we were living on the east coast, but out here it is perfect!
We've now made it through four straight Masses without having to go to the back for being too loud. Maybe he's starting to get the hang of this being quiet thing....or we may have had plenty of Wheat Chex on hand for him to enjoy!
We walked with our buddies Liam and Troy, and their mommy, to our favorite donut shop. Who doesn't deserve a donut after a 40 minute one way walk? Ethan and mommy shared a Tiger Tail - oh man if that isn't one of the most delicious things ever!!
Some of the highlights in the goings-on of Mr. Ethan from the last two weeks:
- He now gives high-fives
- If you hold out your hand to fist-bump, he will slap it (we're working on creating a fist) and say "boom" or at least his rendition of boom
- He loves when someone sings Itsy-Bitsy Spider. He puts his pointer fingers together in the beginning and then will extend his arms straight up and out when you get to the part about the sun drying up all the rain. It's pretty darn cute!
- Every morning we have to open the curtains in his room to look at the "tucks" before he'll let us change his diaper.
- If you ask him what a dog says, he'll tell you "hoof hoof" (pretty good in my opinion)
- He's kicked his dancing skills into high gear and will now spin around in circles (of course not on demand)
- He is absolutely adorable when he looks you in the eyes and just rattles off a whole bunch of gibber-jabber. He's really starting to try to communicate more. We just don't have the words!
- On the basketball court he tries to shoot the ball just like daddy and mommy...even producing sound effects to go with it.
- He now has a devilish "I know I"m not suppose to be doing this look and grin," especially when he's walking around with is milk. He knows he's suppose to be sitting but will run away with it but continue to look at you.
- Loves playing in his buddies' garages. If Emma's garage is open, he will bolt across the street to play. Unfortunately he does not like it when the garage is open but Emma's not outside. At Liam & Troy's, they have older boy toys. He LOVES all their trucks, and balls, and tools, etc.
- He's starting to "read" to himself. He doesn't sit still for long but enjoys opening a book and "reading" it out loud.
- He can show you where his mouth and his ears are. This one perplexes me because we have only been working on where his nose is (which he still doesn't point to). One day I asked him where his ears were and he immediately pointed to them (same thing with his mouth). Somehow I think we have a stubborn guy on our hands - I won't learn what you want, I'll learn what I want to when I want to. AWESOME!
- Finally, Ethan has been giving mommy unsolicited kisses at bedtime. Melts my heart everytime! Absolutely one of the most amazing feelings in the world!
Not too many pictures from the last two weeks.
![]() |
| Dinner in Carlsbad with our dear friend from PI days - Jill. Miss you so much, lady! |
![]() |
| Enjoying a lazy Saturday morning - watching the USA soccer team |
![]() |
| He cannot get enough sports. Won't really watch anything else on TV - so mommy doesn't mind that he's glued to the TV for the Olympic games. |
![]() |
| Hanging out in daddy's spot while daddy's not around. I think it's Ethan's secret way of saying "I miss my daddy" |
![]() |
| More sports watching - and my audition for "mother-of-the-year." We really try not to let him stand on the couch. |
| If only I could reach.... |
| ....my toy! |
| No children where injured in the photographing of this event! |
| If I put my cup here, then the water will come out! |
| Thank goodness for dispenser lock options! |
| Hangin' out in Danielle's sweatshirt! |
| Look, ma, no hands! |
| I'm just readin over here...nothing to look at! |









No comments:
Post a Comment