July 17, 2012

A busy two weeks!

Time is FLYING by - and I'm apparently not keeping up. How was July 4th two weeks ago already? Ethan is now 15 months old - weren't we just celebrating his 1st birthday?? Didn't we just move to California? While I love this crazy, wonderful life we lead, it would be nice once in a while if we could just slow time down!

Last day working: 2 weeks
Baby2 day: 7 weeks
"D-day": 7 weeks + x (we never know what Uncle Sam is thinking)
Before I know it, it'll be Christmas - guess I better start my shopping list early!

Jon's out for training for the next couple weeks, so it's just Li'l Man and me hanging out. Jon was able to to get out and "ride" some waves a few times before he left. He was even fortunate in finding a used board for sale that was the exact dimensions needed. He wasn't able to use it before he left for training, but I'm sure it'll get some quality ocean time when he returns. He's already planning family outings to the beach - which, if you know my husband, would never be top on his list of things to do. Thankfully, there are plenty of neighbors who call themselves surfers that he can go out with...in case mommy & Ethan aren't awake for high-tide!! It actually works out nicely...the guys go off to surf and then we all meet up at Bagel Shack for a yummy breakfast! Ethan and his buddy, Emma, love watching the cars go by!
How many parents can take the same picture from a different angle??

They even had time for a sweet toddler moment. Melts my heart seeing the tenderness between the two of them! I hope they'll be buddies for a long time!



July 4th found us enjoying a fun, but somewhat impromtu, BBQ. Jon made the ribs, Jared the burgers & dogs, Jenny the blueberry & peach pie, and Mia provided her delicious cookies! Yes - these pictures were actually taken July 4th. Note the sweatshirts and pants. Man oh man do I love this place!!

1 dad for every 4 kids - not too bad of a ratio!!





The 5th found us hanging out at the Dana Point harbor in the evening. Ethan and mommy needed to get out of the community, so we decided to go find some dessert. We initially had set our sights on ice cream but had stumbled upon a rather delicious "Petite Chocolate Ganache Heavenly Amazing Sinful" piece of cake. I forget the name but it was BANGIN'! We shared a few small bites with Ethan and the kid in 5 minutes turned into super wild & crazy Ethan - not in a bad way but in a absolutely hysterical way. One minute, he was checking out the boats and the next he was running and cackling up & down the strip. He certainly put on a show for the other folks there - they all just thought he was too cute. I wasn't able to record any of it and the pictures don't do it justice, but it was the funniest thing I have seen Ethan do!



Catching a ride back to the car...all that running tired me out!

On Sunday the 8th we went to see the Padres take on the Reds (I think). Okay, so I'm not much of a baseball fan...it was just something to do before daddy had to go back to work. It was Marine Corps appreciate day, so we were able to get bleacher tickets for $15 for the two of us. Apparently Ethan didn't need a ticket.  The bleachers are absolutely perfect...next time we'll take a blanket & have a picnic! Sure you don't see much, but really? Who cares about baseball?? Definitely not this chick! I go for the atmosphere (and the traditional hotdog and beer - well, not this time)! We had a great time - arrived at the end of the 3rd inning and left just after the 8th. Ethan had so much fun clapping & dancing to all the cheers and music. He gets so excited when a big crowd claps & cheers...I think it signals to him that he can get loud & crazy! It's always interesting when he does this at church...thankfully most people find it refreshing!
Just my daddy & me walkin' to the stadium

Dear Jon - your finger pointing does absolutely nothing for getting Ethan to look at the camera!

Below are a few pics of the remaining things that have gone on in the Landers household the last couple days.

Hitchin' a ride to the beach from my favorite sitter, Danielle!

Making his way down to the water...he'd run straight in if we'd let him

Ethan learning the correct way to fold undershirts - gotta start the chores early! Momma's gonna need help soon!

Not too messy...however we only let him feed himself the messy stuff on bath night.

If I can just get this key in the door, I'm sure it'll open up for me and then I'll have easy access to the garage where all of my cool outside toys are located.

Maybe this key works better!!

Terrible quality but Ethan clapping & cheering along with Wheel of Fortune

First taste of sushi...well, sushi roll (and everything was cooked)

Impressed we were successful with the chopstix

Yum, yum!!


Maybe I can sneak myself into one of these big sea bags...I'm sure daddy wouldn't mind the company while training.

Ethan - the stowaway...or just wanting to make daddy's training a tiger cruise!


Here's wishing you a fun 2 weeks ahead, a slower 2 weeks for Ethan and me, and a quick yet effective and informative 2 weeks for Jon.









1 comment:

  1. I love that Ethan know what keys are for! Praying for you guys in the next few weeks. Praying for strength and a smooth delivery! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete