Not sure if anyone else has that song stuck in their head, but thank you Mia! I now sing this to myself while I'm up taking Ethan to the bathroom in the middle of the night for the 2nd time! Then of course, I still sing it when I'm back in bed desperately trying to fall back asleep.
Okay, so it's been a few weeks since I last posted. Hard to make this a priority when all you want to do is hang out with your kiddos and friends during the day, and then your hubby at night! Sure, there's naptime but that's usually spent paying bills, playing on FB, prepping for dinner, or napping!
We haven't done a whole lot. Just enjoying the AWESOME SoCal weather with some AWESOME friends!
Aunt Wawa came to visit us in January. It was SOOOOO much fun. Disney twice in one week, a great run and plenty of outside time. I was able to host a Thirtyone party for her...which is hard to do when you live clear across the country!! I think we all had a great time!
Eleanor and Ethan both make me laugh each day. Sure, there are times when I'm about to pull my hair out. But for the most part, we're just taking each day as it comes our way. The personalities these two have make for some super fun times.
Eleanor is quite the little chatter bug. Words so far: mommy, daddy, wawa (water), mah (milk), heeee (hands - she loves to wash them), uh-k (ok), nana (obvious - banana), papa (grandma, grandpa, pawpaw), maymay (Maisey), NO, peeh (please), kank you (thank you), and the list goes on. Must be something about those second children...or girls. I remember going to E's 2 year old appointment nervous because he wasn't speaking. Needless to say, that fear isn't there with little miss!
HUGE MILESTONE - February 10th - Ethan finally figured out how to climb out of his crib. He would climb back in once he was tired enough, but why run the risk of injury? So, we now have new big boy sheets and a toddler bed. We resorted to "locking" him in his room (using the child door handle covers). I think he's finally catching on, but he is still jumping in and out of bed before he finally settles in.
We JUST starting looking into 3 year old preschool for Ethan. I'm not taking it as well as I thought I would. All I can think of is "it now begins." Our super relaxed and easy life we've been living is quickly going to turn into helter skelter...running to school, then to some sort of practice, etc. I know I should take it one day at a time but time is FLYING!!! Our best buddies are turning 5!!! We met them when they were 2!!! Excuse me while I go cry for a minute!!
 |
| It's moments like these that get this mommy right in the heart....EVERY. TIME. |
 |
| A Saturday morning outing to Bagel Shack. DELICIOUS!! |
 |
| Eleanor's jogging stroller. Apparently she didn't get the memo that babies stay IN the stroller...even if they are crying! |
 |
Super fun ball pit time with our buddy, Emma!
With cheese, of course! |
 |
| How many littles can we fit on one slide? |
 |
| She has the best hair in the morning! |
 |
I had to take a picture: 1/2 bacon, 1/2 beef burger; slices of bacon; egg; bacon island dressing; bacon pretzel roll.
STRAIGHT BOMB DIGGITY! |
 |
I know I posted on FB but this is too cute not to repost!
Helmet, purse and bunny! Everything a girl needs! |
 |
| He does usually sleep in his own bed but sometimes we let him in our room! |
 |
| MOM...I'm so not ready to wake up! |
 |
| Photo bomber!! Three adults enjoying some fun times at Disney. |
 |
| Naptime!! |
 |
| Luigi's tires. So fun! |
 |
| E was Mr. Grumpy-pants....aka - hungry! |
 |
| He now continually asks for Red. |
 |
| Grandpa...this one is for you! |
 |
| Heading back to the car. |
 |
| One tuckered out little girl...loving on her new Minnie! |
 |
Our 2nd trip to Disney in 3 days. We were able to get onto Midway Mania in 10 minutes.
BEST. RIDE. EVER. |
 |
| Standard Golden Zephyr picture! |
 |
| "Mooommmmmyyyyy" |
 |
| Waiting in line for Dumbo. |
 |
| Getting ready to get our spin on! |
 |
| Selfie time!! |
 |
| We love Mickey in this house! |
 |
| Riding the Choo-Choo! |
 |
| "Baby" |
 |
| Naptime after a good run! |
 |
| I'm just reading! |
 |
Look! It's my friends!
Stefanie, Laura, Sarah |
 |
| Sarah, Sarah, Jill and a bunch more in the background |
 |
| Rachel and Mia |
 |
A bit over dressed for a fire pit. We had to wear the hat and gloves sometime!
I still cannot get used to these SoCal "winters" |
 |
| Her new found fun times! HAT! |
 |
| A little PF Chang action! |
 |
| Because forks are just not acceptable! |
 |
| "No, mommy. I do" |
 |
| Girlfriend had vegetables for lunch...she didn't care too much for the noodles and rice. |
 |
| We're a sunglass kind of family! |
 |
| Visiting Daddy in his new office! |
 |
| There is always time for hugging friends! |
 |
| "C'mon, Eleanor. Get in here" |
 |
| Group hug! |
 |
| More hat action! |
 |
| The kiddos are so lucky to have others to play with...even if it's in the street! |
 |
| Cahkee (coffee) time! |
 |
| To the Queen! |
 |
| Hmmmmmm! Delicious! |
 |
| Someone get that Old Man a paper! |
 |
| Eleanor helping Mommy while Bubby sleeps |
 |
| Ethan sharing his snack with his begging sister |
 |
Walking together to go play with our friends.
Ethan: "Look, Mommy! Friends!" |
 |
| Dressed by Jon! |
 |
| Ladies night! |
 |
| HOORAY!! |
 |
| Enjoyed a few frames with these lovely ladies! |
 |
| Ethan and Eleanor both love playing "night-night" |
 |
| That is some SWEET, SWEET hair! |
 |
McCormick Street Snack time!!
Yes, Ethan does have on Eleanor's sun glasses! |
 |
| Holding our buddy, Reid! |
 |
| Eleanor wanted to hold the baby too...she needed some help! |
 |
| Watching a show with our buddies: Elaine, Annabelle, Ethan and Maisey! |
 |
| The next Rembrandt? |
 |
Probably not!
Still, lots of fun! |
 |
| We love Tuesday mornings!! Trash truck! |
 |
| She loves strollers! |
 |
| "Frozen" with our buds! |
 |
| We FINALLY had rain in SoCal and we saw a rainbow! |
 |
One of those moments captured in time that, to me, represents what SWCP is all about!
You run your first marathon, a group of women are waiting for you to cheer you on, you shed a few tears because you see your friends, Mia slaps your A$$, and hopefully someone bandits the rest of the race with you.
No, I did not run a marathon!
Unexpected 13.2 miles, but so stinkin' fun...busted toenail and all! |
 |
10 miler....check. Mentally - this is my JAM!
One thing I did learn/find out...I DO have a pain cave! Downfall - 2 weeks off nursing a hip-flexor! BLAH! |
No comments:
Post a Comment