What a difference a year makes!! Actually, I guess I should say what a difference a husband makes...at least in this household! Last year, I was sitting next to a fire because it was so cold and I think I made it to midnight! This year...no fire, no west coast midnight (although I did watch the ball drop at 9 pm PST) but more partying and more craziness!
Before I get to that, big news in the Landers household. Ethan is potty trained! One morning, in early December, he woke up saying "Mommy, potty." From that morning on he took the lead and never looked back. Just a couple wetting accidents and only 4 poopy accidents. He successfully figured it out all on his own....with a little coaching from Mommy and Daddy. He no longer likes either of us in the bathroom while doing his business. The proudest moment I had was when Jon and I were both in the kitchen making dinner (2 weeks after the train started moving) and I walk into the living room to help Eleanor. I look over and see Ethan sitting on the toilet, doing his thing, all by himself. Okay, so this lazy mommy still puts him in a "night-night under" (pull-up) for sleep time. He hasn't wet himself during nap and nine times out of ten he is dry in the morning. I just don't want to have to deal with a wet bed in the middle of the night. AND he's still in a crib, so there's no real reason to pull the trigger on wearing underpants through the night. Then again, I'm sure this is some subconscious behavior to not wanting my little baby to grow up!
Okay back to NYE. Our neighbors hosted a NYE shindig. We all brought something to contribute and true to form, there was WAAAAYYYY too much food and drink! It all was fabulous! The kids were contained, so this momma didn't spend the whole time chasing them down! We truly are so blessed to have such amazing friends!
 |
| My favorite big guy! |
 |
| Some truly amazing ladies! Happy 2014!! |
We thought it would be a glorious idea to head to Disneyland on the 1st. And it was..until about 2pm! Got there just as the park opened, okay 15 minutes late. We were able to hop right onto the submarine underwater Nemo ride thingy. Then right onto Autopia, Buzz Lightyear and then fast passed it onto Star Tours. A few more rides, food and then we hopped over to California Adventure during nap time. The crowd seemed to be growing and growing.
 |
| Waking sleeping babies is soooo hard... |
 |
| Especially when they look like this!! |
 |
However, it is so worth it just to see this face of sheer excitement! HA!!
Though not showing, he does love riding the bus from the parking lot. |
 |
| Please try to control your excitement, Eleanor! |
 |
| Hey, there's a smile!! From the least likely of the bunch! (love you, hun) |
 |
First ride...Nemo submarine.
For the love all things crazy...please comb that girl's hair, momma!! |
 |
| Killing time while waiting for their car |
 |
| My baby's first driving experience |
 |
| Beep! Beep! |
 |
| A quickly hello at the end of the ride! |
 |
| Listening to the directions from Buzz |
 |
| Of course you can have popcorn at 10 am while waiting for Daddy to get back from riding Star Tours. |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| Wanting a picture with the castle...thanks, hunny! |
 |
| Getting ready to ride the "Chitty car" |
 |
| He would've ridden these all day! Loves him some "Chitty bag bag" |
 |
| Fun times while in line for Pirates of the Caribbean |
 |
| Family portrait |
 |
| One crazy and tired little girl waiting for the Haunted Mansion. |
 |
Naptime after lunch. An hour & a half for Eleanor; Two hours for Ethan.
Mommy and Daddy walked from Disneyland to California Adventure, walked around a bit and both rode Condor Flats and California Screamin'. |
 |
| Looking for Daddy on the "choo choo" |
 |
| There he is!!! |
 |
| Testing out the camera while waiting in line to see Lightening McQueen |
 |
| Ethan was SOOOOO excited!! |
 |
Ethan tried to have a conversation with Mater....super cute!
He also was very concerned that Mater was wearing a Santa hat.
Apparently Daddy was the soup du jour! |
 |
| Peekaboo, I see you! |
 |
| This one is for Grandpa!! |
 |
| Someone's not too sure about this box of animal crackers! |
 |
| Huh?? You say something, Daddy? |
 |
| Still not too sure about it...but in the end she really like it! |
 |
| This is what I waited for all day!! |
 |
| Belly button!! |
 |
| I kinda love this guy! |
 |
Mommy - I love you!
At least that's what I like to think she says when she's blabbering away! |
 |
| Rollin' with my homies! |
 |
| Daddy...you're so funny!! |
 |
| GOOFY! It's GOOFY!! |
 |
He loves giving hugs.
We missed it with our phones but it was one of the the sweetest moments of the day! |
 |
| Two crazy kids!! |
 |
| Eleanor wasn't done "cheesing" |
 |
| Heading back to the car |
 |
| WHAT?!?!?!?! Dinner at home?!?!?! |
Yes. I can hardly believe it myself, but we left the park around 6pm. While we had a great time, the crowds were a bit much for the littles to handle. Waiting in line was a huge workout for Mommy & Daddy. Our fuses were growing shorter and shorter as the lines grew longer and longer. So, we decided to call it a night. No judging...we had been there for 10 hours which is pretty darn good for those two crazies! Thankfully we live so close and are able to take advantage of some pretty steep military discounted tickets. We'll be back soon!!
Oh, and to toot his horn one more time. Ethan wore the same clothes the WHOLE day. It was AWESOME!!
We capped off the 1st with pizza, movie and normal-ish bedtimes. January 2nd rolled around and the kids didn't wake up until 7:45....a major win for these two tuckered out parents! Apparently two busy days in a row makes those Landers kids super tired!
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014! May your cup runneth over!
No comments:
Post a Comment