October 16, 2013

Goings on

Man oh man, am I in trouble. Ethan runs after Eleanor, "No ma'am." Same tone, same inflection as Mommy. He also loves to ask "More gare (grapes), okay?" The "okay" with the question tone/inflection makes me laugh every time! Eleanor has only done it a few times, but has stomped her foot when she was super angry & crying for something. I know for a fact that all of these are coming directly from what I say and do. 

Ethan is sleeping, well more like napping, in his toddler bed. It's so difficult to turn him away at 2 in the morning, especially when he's so sweet. He is so quiet, I usually don't even know he's in bed with us until I shift and accidentally kick him.  He sleeps at the foot of the bed, much like a dog does I suppose. Nap times have been good...knock on wood. Hoping we continue to trend in the right direction.
    ***Writer's add: today's nap time was awful! Let's hope tomorrow is better!***

Ethan is no longer my little baby boy. Sure, he'll always be my baby, but he's just way too big now. Chatting up a storm...understandable for the most part. Opens EVERY door (even the fridge and the screen door). Soaks up everything you say around him...he's a good reminder for me to watch what I say!! Has figured out that he can stand on a chair/wagon/ride-on train and get into the food cabinet. He has snuck a few of Mommy's running beans (jelly beans) and letter crackers (TJs cinnamon cookies). He tries to sing songs...totally doesn't, but it's cute that he attempts. Loves to play "I get you"....hoping you'll chase him & then tickle him. He gives the best hugs and kisses, especially to Eleanor and to Daddy. He likes to ask "Mommy happy?", melting my heart every time! He has started to tell me that "cheese good!" I love it, but know that shortly will come the "dinner not good." Here's hoping that it doesn't! Tonight at dinner, a full and complete sentence came out..."what's that noise?" I guess I could go on and on all about how quickly he is growing!

Big brother introduced Eleanor to the world of grapes!! She now stands at the fridge, arms extended up towards the handle and yells. I know exactly what she wants. I try to offer her milk instead but she flat out refuses. It's kind of cute, well aside from the yelling!! Speaking of which...is it just inherent in girls that they yell/scream? That high pitched squeal is worse than fingernails on a chalk board!! Hoping to nip that one in the bud!!

Eleanor enjoys getting her dance on! She loves when big brother tackles her. She does a great job of annoying Ethan by taking the toys he's playing with. She just recently figured out how to get into the fire truck! If I'm in the kitchen cooking, she heads straight for her high-chair and starts crying....no patience. Oh, should the words cheese, cracker or banana be whispered...she goes CRAZY!! She waves at EVERYONE! Loves to say "hi," "mamama" (milk), "nahnah" (banana - if you couldn't figure that one out), "cacka" (cracker), and "chee" (cheese). Cannot believe she is 13 months!!

With Eleanor still taking two naps, we spend our days outside on the street. Well, except for Tuesdays & Fridays...those are spent in the jogging stroller. We are so fortunate to live on a street with so many other children. Last count, there are 7 kids between the ages of 11 months and 2.5 years. They have a blast going from garage to garage. I know this mommy enjoys the company! It's a zone defense type of situation. Everyone has an eye on all kids! Works out perfectly!! We probably aren't doing justice to the kiddos as they are basically in the street for hours, but then again we are the only ones on the road during the day. HUGE advantage we have for living at the end of a cul-de-sac. When we do go to the playground, I spend half my time pulling the wood chips out of Eleanor's mouth and the other half making sure she doesn't kill herself climbing up the stairs. It's a rough life, I know!

Eleanor and Ethan both LOVE when Daddy walks in the door in the evenings. Probably one of the sweetest moments that I am so blessed to be able to see! Beeline for him, smiles, hugs, kisses....the whole kit & caboodle! If Jon is wearing his camis, Ethan will pull at the buttons and say "Marine off." Eleanor just likes to pull at the shiny things!

Things are going really well for us. Jon finished his marathon in a great time! Hooray for no more marathon training...he can now get back to surfing. I'm still pushing the kiddos around. Running a half marathon next weekend, without the stroller. It's a trail run, so hoping it's not too bad! So thankful to be living in SoCal! Live is good! We are blessed!

Three little dudes having a blast at the playground!

Apparently George jumped in last minute!

Miss these guys!! Hope they're having a great time in Maryland!

The one and only time Ethan has played with play-doh!

Giving our bud, Drew, a ride around the neighborhood

Power couple posing with one of the Dana Point elephants!

Just going for a cruise around the block

Even Snoopy enjoys watching Sesame Street!

Eleanor and Drew just waiting until they're big enough to take over the big tractor driving
 
Maisey and Ethan...buddies already!!

Three sweeties sharing some grapes!

All buckled up and waiting to go for a run!

Nannette and PawPaw came to visit. The kiddos loved being spoiled! Even us parents were spoiled. It's always so wonderful having family visit!
Nannette teaching Ethan how to use the iPad.
Good thing Ethan understands that what grandparents do is not what parents do!

PawPaw and Eleanor playing with the choo-choos.

A train and track thief!

Eleanor loved having PawPaw around. He was #1 in her book for the week!

Watching Cars....very intently!

Waiting in line for Woody's Round-up...more like trying to distract Ethan

CHEEEESE!!!

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN!!!

Standard nap picture from Disneyland

What a magical place it is!!

Checking out Buzz Lightyear

Giving Mickey hugs! He was so excited!!

No...we didn't forget Eleanor. She was sleeping!

We have had just so much fun hanging out. I thank God every day for allowing me to spend every moment possible with these amazing little people!
It's Oreo time. Believe it or not, she barely ate it. Again....I wonder if she's truly mine!! (just kidding)
NOTE: she did enjoy the few bites of donut the other day. PHEW!! She's at least showing improvement!

Selma's pizza night!!! YUM!! Carbs & cheese....LIFE IS GOOD!

Our sleeping buddy. Seriously, could you turn this away??

Lunch after a SW run and no nap. Mom, want a bite?...

...Just kidding. I think I'll take a nap now!

Early morning small tractor session in the garage

I LOVE THIS TRACTOR!!!

Totally taking after Ethan!
Oh Mance Buchannan park, you get us every time! 11:30 am nap, on the drive home.
Note Eleanor's extended leg.
Who wouldn't want this little cutie hiding in their seabag?


"Whoa! That was one crazy trip!!"

Seriously, no words for this awesomeness!

Running around the BBQ festival

Man, these guys make my life so happy!

Enjoying the BBQ-fest!

Trying to take her 1-year photo. Thank you photo bomber in the back!

There is no walking....we run EVERYWHERE!

Ahhhh, baby! I love hugging my sister!

Now, let me help you roll down this hill!!

Looking older than ever! BAH!! Make time stop!

We don't drink tea in this house....we drink "cohckee" ("coffee")

Here, Eleanor. I poured you a cup o' joe!

To the Queen!!

"CHEERS"

Mance getting us again.

Ethan loves his milk!

Convinced she'll be someone's stunt double....little daredevil!

Again, looking old. PLEASE STOP!!!

We love our ride on toys!

A choo-choo built for two!

"CHEEEEEEESE"


Last Thursday, Sarah & I braved it and decided to head to Pumpkin City. We ate lunch first at Chik-Fil-A. The kiddos GOBBLED up the grilled chicken bites. Who knew!!! Guess I'll be buying two kids meals next time! All in all, a pretty good day. As usual, I stayed 10 minutes too long. Getting into the car was a little bit of a struggle, but was all worth it!
I have no idea what they were pointing at. Neither did Sarah, but apparently there was something that caught both of their attentions.

Getting it done on the big tractors. Ride ended when older kids (think probably 6 or 7) showed up and they couldn't steer the tractors. Didn't need an injury on the first ride!

Eleanor and Jack totally wanting to get in on the action.

They got to walk around on the wood chips. Oooooooh, so exciting!

Train ride....with the kid with no clothes on!

Peek-a-book!

A very intense driver!

Look at the camera....or the random thing to your right!

"Hey guys, we gotta stick together. This girl is gonna corrupt us!"

I. LOVE. THEM.

Wheeeeee!!

Little kids' turn. Eleanor was making some sort of noise....I think it was a sort of "wheeeee."

No pumpkins were harmed during the taking of these photographs!



BIG TRACTOR!!!

After the pumpkin patch (and naps), the kids had a great time!
They love playing in Ethan's bed! Then again, they love playing in Eleanor's crib as well as Mommy & Daddy's bed. I think they just love playing together!

Ethan's treat for sleeping in his bed 5 times. Mini ice cream cone!

Oooooohhh, so delicious!!

MOOOOOOOOOOOMMM! I LOVE THE CAMERA! CHEEESE!!!

Ethan. You sure you don't wanna give me a lick?

But I am so cute! Please!!!

Well, fine. I have a water bottle.
Big shout out to the marathoners this past weekend!
Job well done, Daddy! You ROCKED it! We are so proud of you!

This is on Tuesday...two days after the marathon. Can you tell which one ran the marathon and which one didn't??
Sarah - you are AH-MAZING!! (Dao, you are too!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment