December 8th? Really? Already? These last two months have flown by at the speed of light. I had to look back into our photos to see exactly what the Landers had been up to!
Before I get to us, I ask you to pray for some amazing women. They are in need of your constant prayers!
-
Cousin Leanne: Some of you have read the updates of "Team Chin" when I share them on Facebook. I know this sounds insanely selfish, but I have not been able to "share" the last post. I know God has a plan but Leanne's last appointment with Dr. Bloom showed new cancer spots (on her liver and in a lymph node). Not the news anyone expected, nor wanted, to hear. To read about Leanne's journey, check out:
http://team-chin.blogspot.com/2013/12/2-steps-forward-1-step-back.html
-
Colleen: A high school classmate who one year ago was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer. Just like Leanne, she is fighting this awful disease with all she has. Just recently she has learned that the cancer has spread into her brain. Her MRI showed 15-20 tumors. She is currently going through Whole Brain Radiation. I cannot even begin to fathom the pain she is experiencing. To keep up with and share your thoughts with Colleen, please visit:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/colleensfight/journal
-
A: A fellow Stroller Warrior whose whole life was rocked November 13th. Her husband was one of the four EOD Marines killed while clearing a range aboard Camp Pendleton. No report has been released, meaning the investigation is still on-going. She is the strongest woman I know! I pray that God bring her and their little girl through this dark time! I am grateful for all the support that A is receiving, and I am grateful to see that things don't just get shut off because the military member passes. Marines are exceptionally close, the EOD community even closer! But, the Stroller Warrior love I have seen surpasses them both! Those located in other installations (CONUS and OCONUS) have rallied behind our loved Stroller Warrior! I know times are hard and the holidays make things tighter, but if you have a few extra dollars please consider donating to the fund that has been created for A. It is the least we can do to support someone whose husband has paid the ultimate sacrifice.
http://www.donationto.com/Support-for-a-Stroller-Warrior
You may be wondering why I'm writing about these wonderful women. They are pretty much all I've been thinking about this Thanksgiving and Christmas season. There are tears....many tears. In sharing this with you, I hope for more prayer warriors! They cannot do this alone, and He has the power to heal! These women are always on my mind and have helped me to become a more patient mother, and hopefully a better wife, friend, daughter and sister. I know there is still room for improvement and I am extremely thankful that I am able to work on this with little distraction....aside from the 2 little minions that run my life!
Speaking of those awesome children, let's get to them.
Eleanor is quite the little toddler! Running, walking, babbling, speaking more and more words, loving, and already sassing back to her momma! "Mah-meee" and "Daaah-deee" are repeated over and over, even when we answer her! "Cookie" has entered the vocabulary but I'm not sure where from. Even when we eat cookies (TJ letter cookies), I call them crackers. She loves climbing up and down the stairs. She has figured out that if she says "up", someone will inevitably pick her up. She is definitely "Repeat" to our "Pete" (Ethan)....cough, sneeze or just clear your throat and they'll both ask "k?" Her favorite book is a silly Cheerio book. She LOVES grilled cheese sandwiches and pizza. Will inhale broccoli, just like big bro. And just recently has started calling Ethan, "bubby" (brother). She enjoys shaking her little booty. Eleanor still loves to be held...she enjoys being held by men who look like dads or by Aunt Mia. Baby girl was JEALOUS when Aunt Mia was holding another baby....whooo it was funny!
Ethan is quite the chatter box. He now can say his "S's" and soft "C's" at the end of words. PHEW! Has dubbed certain foods to be "licious." Loves to rough house and when he "tittie" (tickles) Eleanor. I believe he has his first crush on our neighbor, Carley (Maisey's mom)! He was moved back into his crib. While we don't mind a nightly visitor, naps were non-existent! Back in his crib, he is back to his standard 2 to 3 hour nap. He'll learn to sleep in a bed...by college for sure! Same thing with potty training. We're probably 50% there. He has no desire to use the potty unless it's after waking up from bedtime or nap, or if it's for "night-night pee pee." Our mindset - he'll figure it out when he's ready. No need to force our timeline on him. And selfishly - it keeps him in the running stroller longer! He loves reading books, especially Curious George and Bernstein Bears. He ABSOLUTELY loves "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." I am so thankful that we can share that movie together. Best part is during the "Old Bamboo" song. Too hard to describe. I hope to get it on video but he dances with one of our dowel rods throughout the whole song and tries to mimic what the actors are doing. He is trying to sing songs but absolutely knows no tunes.
They both have fun looking for Chip (our Elf) every day. Ethan knows "no touch Chip." Eleanor just likes to waive to him!
The best time of day is still when Daddy comes home. I get the best hugs and kisses all throughout the day, however the most dramatic are for Jon. IT. IS. AWESOME!
 |
| Patiently waiting for Daddy to finish 26.2 miles! |
 |
| Gettin' it done like a BOSS! Well done, hubster! |
 |
| Admiring the bling! |
 |
| Precious sibling love moments! |
 |
| Sleeping at the end of our bed...pure innocence! |
 |
| The one picture I took of our pizza party for Carley's birthday! Ethan sitting with his buds Maisey and Elaine. |
 |
| Taking a rest on Ms. Stefanie's bench with our buddy Maisey |
 |
| Power couple riding toys together! |
 |
"MOOOOM! I WANT MILK DUDS"
No, ma'am! |
 |
| And the obsession with lollypops begins |
 |
| "Mom. MOM. I want that!" |
 |
| "Mmmmmm. Cheese good" |
 |
| Watch out world. Power couple has PUMPKINS! |
 |
| SWCP Halloween fun run! |
 |
| The pink glasses are for distance... |
 |
| While the blue ones are for up-close reading! |
 |
| Happy Halloween, friends! |
 |
| Enjoying the 2nd annual Halloween potluck with a duck and some mice... |
 |
| Two dwarves... |
 |
| Snow White... |
 |
| And two hip chicks! |
 |
| The meeting of the toddler minds! |
 |
| "HEY! NO adults allowed!" |
 |
| Sweet Maisey! |
 |
| Sweet Emma (we miss you, friend)! |
 |
| Huggies for daddy! |
 |
| Checking out my sweet new jacket! Thanks, Nannette! |
 |
| All ready for the Dana Point football game. Ethan didn't quite understand why he wasn't allowed on the field! |
 |
| A house divided! Thank goodness for an Irish win! |
 |
| Looking at the boats in Oceanside. Thanks, Nannette, for lunch! |
 |
| Standard Marine Corps Birthday Ball selfie |
 |
| Could they BE any cuter?? |
 |
| Wahoo! Pizza night!!! |
 |
| Maisey was ready!! |
 |
"WHHHOOOOOAAAAAA!"
I love their expressions! |
 |
It is sooooo hard saying "no" to those eyes!
And those cheeks too! |
 |
| "Touchdown!!" |
 |
| Sous-chefs Ethan and Maisey |
 |
"Hooooooooooo"
Eleanor loved taking care of Hooch while our friends were back east! |
 |
| Checking out the walrus. They really are the best of buds! |
 |
| Beluga whale watching |
 |
| Snack break before the Orca whale show |
 |
| Keeping Daddy's pillow warm |
 |
| Tackle time with Daddy |
 |
| Showing A much love on a SWCP run. |
 |
| 3 for 3. Ethan and Eleanor put Mommy's balloon on the ceiling within 5 minutes! |
 |
| Totally engrossed with Chitty Bang! |
 |
Not quite sure Audrey had the drool marks on her shirts
Oh yes, we are getting our incisors! |
 |
| A little Marine Corps tactical studying before play time |
 |
| Eleanor's latest craze....laying inside of things |
 |
"What have I been missing??"
She then proceeded to roll back and forth in the "tube." |
 |
| Our little reading corner certainly gets a lot of use! |
 |
| Cheering on the Redskins...boy, do they need it! |
 |
This is Eleanor's response to, "say cheese"
Mommy was surrounded by her two super heroes that day |
 |
| Again, keeping Daddy's pillow warm! |
 |
And this is the only family photo I took on Thanksgiving.
I asked Jon to keep an eye on the kiddos....more like the kiddos keeping an eye on Daddy! |
 |
| 5 littles enjoying some dessert! So happy that L&T are back home! |
 |
All dressed up for Disneyland! Too bad it rained all day!
Plan B - decorating the house |
 |
| Decorating our Christmas tree |
 |
| Very thankful Eleanor got over her sensitivity to the tree. Momma wasn't ready to give up on a real Christmas tree! |
 |
| The first thing Ethan did once all the ornaments were on the tree |
 |
| Checking out his reflection |
 |
Topping the tree with Daddy.
The star has since been replaced with a pretty angel |
 |
Mommy & Eleanor selfie
Poor baby girl having a reaction to the doggie we were playing with. |
Just a few photos from my running excursions!
 |
| Pre-race photo op with some amazing BAMRs |
 |
| 13.1 miles of Temecula hills complete |
 |
| Rockin' the bling! |
 |
| Power boosting high-fives for co-leader, Melisa |
 |
| Hello, super fast momma!! |
 |
| Enjoying a snack during the C25K graduation race |
 |
| Well done, C25K'ers. Well done! |
 |
| A wonderful C25K graduate and co-leader, Kim! |
 |
Carlsbad 5000. It was a GREAT day! You can't beat this $5 race!
SWCP cleaned house, with nearly everyone walking away with some sort of bling! |
 |
| 3rd female overall and a new PR. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning! |
 |
SWCP First Annual Turkey Trot
5K/10K/Kid run |
 |
| CHEEESE! |
 |
| My favorite running buddies! |
 |
| True! |
 |
| Happy Thanksgiving from Stroller Warriors Camp Pendleton! |
I wish you love, peace and joy throughout this Christmas season!
 |
| May we all find the inner child in ourselves and laugh uncontrollably! |
No comments:
Post a Comment