February 27, 2013

West Coast - January/February style!!!!

Ahhhhh....it is so great being back in the land of warmth! Okay, so it wasn't warm when we first arrived home (low 50s) from our big adventure east, but at least it was still sunny!! We're now back to days in the upper 60s/low 70s. It's hard to believe that it is February and we are outside with maybe a sweatshirt!!

Okay, so it's been a few weeks since I last posted. I'd like to say that it's because we've done some new, amazing and super cool things. In reality it's because I've been lazy. Well, not so much lazy as having other things to do; then it's 9:30 and I'm ready for bed.

January and February are a blur. I can't seem to remember having done anything super exciting Remember my post about "Groundhog Day"...well, it hasn't changed. Mornings are spent either running or letting Eleanor take a nap while Ethan and I play outside. Thank goodness for monitors that have incredible range! We eat lunch, the kids go down for a nap, and then we are back outside playing with Ethan's buddies. I am so lucky to have such wonderful  neighbors and friends!

Well, we're just over halfway through deployment. Hooo-ray!! We were able to enjoy a couple Skype sessions while the ship was in port. It was great to see and hear Jon!! I know he loved seeing the kids and enjoyed listening to Ethan. I think he was especially excited (note sarcasm) when I told him that we're running a half-marathon together...right after he gets home. Oh, and that the kiddos will be with us. We'll see who winds up pushing the double stroller....

Ethan's gaining new words everyday. He still doesn't speak in toddler sentences (me do, more please, etc) but his vocabulary is constantly growing. He'll jabber an entire conversation with me....and I might be able to make out one word. Part of me doesn't want him to stop because it is just too stinkin' cute. He will literally get in my face, look me in the eye and blabber about something. He'll stop just long enough for me to respond with my usual "you don't say" or "absolutely." His favorite expression at the moment is "Oh no!" I am made immediately aware if something is amiss...Eleanor spit up, the car tire is turned the wrong way while parked, a toy is broken, etc. It's probably one of my favorites because it is so dramatic! I need to get it on video one of these days! Oh, and Ethan's manners are spot on. No need to prompt him with "what do you say?" Please and thank you just flow out of his mouth! Proud mommy moment, for sure! Speaking of a moment, Ethan finally called me "mama!" It's taken 22 months for my son to call my name....I'd like to think he waited to say it until he fully understood what it meant! Wishful thinking, I know!

Eleanor is growing like a weed! Almost 6 months already. She loves to bang her arms on her highchair and gets soooooooo excited when she sees her bottle. It's amazing how quickly they learn what those things are! She is an arm flapper...it's pretty cute. She is rolling all over the place and spins herself on her tummy. I find her in some of the funniest positions....like, under the end table or couch, stuck in between a toy and the wall. You know, the usual mother of the year positions. She has become quite the face/neck/hair grabber. I knew there was a reason why I haven't worn anything but stud earrings! Man oh man, would that hurt!!

Hope you enjoy the photos from the last two months.

Starting off 2013 in California with a little 80s action. Air guitars for everyone!
The after...Eleanor's first roll. January 12th, 2013. Eleanor wanted to celebrate our anniversary by doing something super awesome! Thanks, baby girl!

Deep conversations with Grandma while enjoying the gorgeous January weather!

Pretty sure there is a similar picture of me playing in a trashcan when I was little...I just happened to fall asleep in it. Ethan's just a little too big!

BUBBLE WRAP! Need I say anything more?

Straight chillin'

Waiting for Daddy to pick up.

Snuggle session in Eleanor's crib. Can you see the love? More like surprise.
 
Gosh, I do love that pretty smile!


Cheese!! And I have to comment on how short Ethan's hair looks in this photo....just scroll down to see how much longer it has gotten.

Leeeeeaaaaaaannnnnn to the left!

More cheese, please!!

Fun brother/sister time in front of the mirror

Here, Eleanor. Take this! PS - not quite sure why I put the blanket down. Obviously she doens't use it!

Another opportunity to sit in the fire engine. LOVES it!!

Enjoying a friend's bumbo....on the floor.

Christmas presents have arrived!! YAY!!!!

My "cuddle" buddy one night. I'm a sucker for teething and fevers. I put the pillow on the edge so he wouldn't roll off. Apparently he wanted to sleep on the pillow!

Straight up Cali style!
 
Who doesn't want an outfit like this? Eleanor is the envy of the street!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I cannot get enough of these two!!

Those baby blues are gonna break a few hearts...no matter how hard this momma tries to not let that happen!

New game....play with the drawer handle!! Yippee!!

Love our little rolly-polly

I love my fingers!!!

Absolutely hysterical! They are buds already! Eleanor is already one tough cookie!

Mad scientist, Ethan

Yes...you see that correctly. Shorts and a t-shirt in February, with matching shades. Life doesn't get much better!

Skype session with PawPaw and Nannette.

I would've sworn it was going to snow....li'l man fell asleep while I was running. That NEVER happens. Funniest part...waking up with a huge drool bomb down his cheek and a puddle on his sweatshirt!

Listen up, Eleanor. You and me against the world. We'll get through this together!

Poor Sophie....getting chomped on already!

Saturday morning reading session while Mommy makes breakfast.

Have chair....will travel

Everyone say cheeeeesssseeeeee!

We are so truly blressed to have two happy and beautiful children!

Probably the only mom in the world that has to bribe her child to eat his turkey dog. Brussel sprouts, devoured. Quinoa, inhaled. Hot dog - excessive amounts of ketchup with the promise of fruit afterwards.

Picture right before Ethan said "no" and moved away. Apparently he wasn't feeling the sibling love....guess Elmo was more important!

Not quite...almost big enough!

Super-Ethan!

Wonder-Eleanor!

We hope you have a wonderful week! Please keep cousin Leanne in your prayers. Surgery was needed to remove a spot on her skin. It has been sent off for pathology testing...praying for it to not be cancerous!

 

1 comment:

  1. Mollie will not even touch a hot dog. Not even with TONS of ketchup. Too funny! Praying for you guys often.

    ReplyDelete