August 29, 2013

Eleanor's Baptism

So, I'm skipping ahead for this post. You may be anxiously awaiting a recap on Camp California, when the Whites & Johnsons were here for a week. Whelp, you'll just have to wait as I'm still gathering photos from the fam!

August 25th started off like any normal Sunday morning....poop on the carpet! Ha ha! Just kidding! Poor little Ethan had some sort of intestinal issue. Thankfully we just had that one issue, but poor little guy just wasn't really himself.

We decided to baptize Eleanor on base (and not our church out in town) because keeping her records with the military diocese will prove to be beneficial in the future! At least that is what I was telling myself when I found out that "they" had no idea there was to be a baptism Sunday. Lesson learned: always triple check a double check!

After the 5 minute freak out session, things finally settled out. We began the baptism outside before Mass, by the tree that looked like a heart. Then, the actual baptism was during Mass. It was wonderful! Best part...the number of times our daughter was referred to as "the first lady." This made me smile because of the moniker "power couple" that had been bestowed upon Eleanor and Jack. I'm very happy that in naming Eleanor after my grandmother, we chose a name with so much strength! I am confident that Eleanor will do big things in her life!

A sweet moment shared between Godmother and Goddaughter!
Baptismal gown made Grandma, worn by Mommy, Ethan and Eleanor.

Probably should have been Braxton in the photo...however he was wrangling the boys!

Absolutely LOVE these little boys!

I often wondered where Eleanor got her squishy-faced smile from....well, now I know. She is definitely her mother's daughter!

Man oh man, when did these babies grow up??? Watch out world...the power couple is on the move!

Eleanor basically jumped out of Jon's arms to be held by Deacon Donarski

We bless you in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Daddy....please let me go back to Deacon Donarski

Seriously...I want HIM to hold me!

Oooooh, look! Water! Let's go swimming!

"I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

Hoooooray! No tears!

Mia & Braxton...your faces are priceless in this photo!

How many adults does it take to keep a baby from touching the flame?

Everyone, stare into the flame! No...that wasn't a part of the ceremony!

Words of wisdom from the Godfather!

Being presented to the congregation!

So thankful for such wonderful family and friends. We missed the rest of our family but knew they were praying for us on this blessed day.

Totally missing two sweet little dudes but they were being SOOOOO good in the back of church while the adults were taking pictures!

Thanks Grandma & Pepe (hahahahaha) for being there!

Eleanor is so incredibly lucky to have these two amazing women in her life! So is this momma!
PS - we clean up quite nicely! Can't remember the last time we took a photo together that didn't involve running clothes!

Who doesn't love a man in uniform?

Oh dear...please don't let that candle fall!

She would not leave Deacon Donarski's arms...

Well, until Father Kasule came over!

This momma loves our social daughter!

Eleanor ready to get her Bible on!

These three little dudes were wonderful! Ethan and Jack - though very good, nowhere to be seen. They are perpetual motion!

Wearing my beautiful sapphire daddy brought me from Bahrain.

The cake....boring looking but delicious!

The spread! I am OBSESSED with the pretzel rolls!!

You know you're growing up when this is considered a successful party!!
May God continue to bless our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment