At dinner tonight I couldn't help but think to myself - with whom can I
share my excitement over our 13 month old's ability to grasp the fork from my
hand and ever so gracefully place it in his mouth? I know it's not that big of
a deal, most children at some point learn to eat on their own, but to watch
your child grow is truly one of the most amazing things in life! It's those
moments that I want to be able to share.
Even more - how am I going to remember exactly when he started doing this?!!
I'm definitely not one to write in a diary. I was never that pregnant lady who
took pictures of her protruding belly - more power to you ladies! I'm also not
one to create a beautiful baby book - I have a photo album with pictures in it.
That's as good as I get. I don't trust my memory - and often marvel at how
quickly my mother can rattle of when I did things as a child.
Still yet, living so far from family makes it hard to easily communicate.
While our parents enjoy speaking with us, both Jon and I are all too keenly
aware of who the parental units want to skype with! A 3 hour time difference
and active lifestyles amongst all family members makes coordination of those
precious factime moments that much harder. We all do our best but sometimes it
just doesn't work out.
I remember my Grandma asking me, after I was whining about some horrible
injustice my parents inflicted on me, if everyone else jumped off a bridge,
would I? Sure, it's a cliche and is often times overused, but being that it was
spoken by Grandma it resonated with me. I was completely against the idea of
"blogging" - everyone was doing it, why should I jump off the bridge
too? Well, I've changed my perspective. I don't see this as doing something that so many others already do...I look at it as doing something I've never done. I'm not signing up to write anything
earth-shattering...I just want to share our family joy with anyone who wants to
read about it. Sure, it'll probably just be our moms but that's not so bad!
So, let's do some catch up -
2008 - Jon & I are married and then Uncle Sam decides to send him on
deployment
2009 - We are finally living together, enjoying our first home together in
Bluffton, SC. We met a bunch of amazing people and miss them dearly!!
2010 - There's lots of lacrosse and golf to go around and we find out we'll
be new parents!
2011 - EVERYTHING changes! Ethan arrives, we enjoy the summer and we move to
Georgia.
2012 - Jon finishes school in GA, we move to San Clemente, California and we
celebrate E's 1st birthday.
That brings us up to today! Such an exciting life we lead, eh?
 |
| Enjoying the sunset at the Grand Canyon |
 |
| Yes, we traveled from coast (Hilton Head, SC) to coast (San Clemente, CA)! |
 |
| Easter morning - Ethan staring down his basket |
 |
| Such a happy kid! |
 |
| Happy Birthday, Ethan! |
 |
| Special birthday breakfast - Grandpa White's pepperoni and eggs! |
 |
| Showing off my sweet new ride to my buddies, Troy and Liam! |
 |
| Vroooooooom! |
 |
| Our first visitors in California! |
 |
| Ethan making sure we made it to Mass on time! |
 |
| Ethan's first haircut! He's getting so big! |
 |
| Enjoying a refreshing beverage at Trestles Beach on Mother's Day! |
 |
| Always ready for a spontaneous lax game! |
 |
| Loving my water table!! |
 |
| Feeding myself some broccoli! YUM! |
Hi Jen, Thanks for sharing some of what is happening in your family with us. Looks like Ethan is keeping you busy and all are happy. Hugs to all, Aunt Fran
ReplyDelete